Smartphone sales in India double in wake of cheaper products
Smartphone shipments in India have grown by up to 84 % in the first half of 2014, compared to the sales of 2013 H1. This was made known by the Indian arm of IDC.
The analysts reveal that the increase was aided by the fact that smartphones sold in India are getting even more affordable by day — “A new entry-level price point is being breached by Indian home-grown vendors in every (financial) quarter.”
Home brands like Micromax, Xolo, Spice and Karbornn are not left out in the game. For example, Karbonn introduced a $44 Android smartphone and more recently, Spice launched a $38 device that’s powered by Firefox OS.
You may also like
- HTC Smartphone Sales Went Down Last year
- Lenovo Says Forex Hurt PC Sales Earnings But Smartphone Sales In India, EMs Was strong
- 2014 Chinese Smartphone Sales Leader Strangely Silent last 2015
- Samsung tops Apple in US smartphone sales
- After achieving 2014 milestone, Xiaomi dreams 100 million smartphone sales this year