Vivo planning to make/release 3.8mm-thin smartphone?
With the world’s thinnest smartphone being a wafer-thin 5.1mm-thin device, this kind of news, which would have sounded abnormal just a few years ago, is often expected to flick in every now and then.
Chinese tech company, Gionee, stayed on the throne undisturbed for nearly a year and even had to break it’s own record with the introduction of the Gionee Elife S5.1 which measures exactly 5.15 millimeters in thickness.
And now, Vivo, the first company that outed a 2K display smartphone, might surprise the whole world once again as the also China-based phone maker is suspected to be prepping a smartphone that measures under 4mm — 3.8 millimeters!
Vivo posted on Weibo a picture of it’s unidentified smartphone match against the 6.7mm-thin Apple iPhone 6 and said something about “less than 4mm” (sorry for our bad Chinese).
It’s a matter of time before we see if this thing is real (meh — it sounds surreal). There’s no wording about the release of the smartphone but if such feat is ever going to be achieved, one should expect depleted battery performance, unless there’s a super trick going to be used to somehow stock a “normal” smartphone battery into that uber-slim body.
You may also like
- Vivo planning to make/release 3.8mm-thin smartphone?
- Vivo X20 Plus spotted on benchmarking website with Snapdragon 660 SoC, 4GB RAM
- New leak suggests November 16th launch for new Vivo flagships
- Vivo X9 to feature dual camera units on the front as well, rumours suggest
- Oppo R5 is now the world’s thinnest smartphone!