Gionee’s ultra-thin Elife S5.5 is the newest smartphone to receive the KitKat treatment. The upgrade takes the phone right from it’s pre-installed Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS to Android 4.4 KitKat.
The new OS comes with a redesigned notification bar, a few changes to the icons and the user interface in general. Also, the update comes preloaded with BlackBerry messenger.
Here’s an official changelog:
- Android upgrade to KitKat
- New Desktop layout
- Removed the world cricket championship
- Added Du speed booster for faster operations
- Updated Amigo Paper with a brand new UI interface design
- Updated Game Zone with a new UI interface design
- Updated Gionee Xender for optimized performance and further improved the linking success rate
Gionee Elife S5.5 is still the world’s thinnest smartphone at a wafer-thin 5.5mm thickness. Gionee have severally boasted about the phone and on the latest occasion, dissed Samsung’s Galaxy S5 for being “plastic”.