South Korean phonemaker Samsung has put out a list of all the cool things coming to Samsung Galaxy devices next year.
Apart from knowing that we could possibly be seeing a foldable Samsung phone in 2019, a wide range of variety of features have been upgraded or newly added in Samsung Android phones that will come next year.
Here’s the table listing out all the features:
Improvements in place
- We added more bald female AR Emoji characters for the Galaxy S9 and Note 9.
- We added a feature that shows ”Highlight events” in monthly view for v188.8.131.52.
Second half of 2018
- We’ll provide an option to use a Korean lunar calendar, Chinese lunar calendar, Shamsi calendar, or Hijri calendar on models updated to Android Pie.
- We’ll provide an option that you can use to filter past incoming/outgoing calls on models updated to Android Pie.
- When you tap “Call History” for a saved phone number, the number will be displayed in expanded view on models updated to Android Pie.
- We’ll provide a “Selfie focus” mode on the Galaxy A series model released in the second half of 2018.
- We’ll provide color and background transparency settings for the Clock widget on models updated to Android Pie.
- We’ll provide an option to organize albums in folders in Gallery on models updated to Android Pie
- You’ll be able to use the S Pen to scroll up and down on websites.
- You will be able to tap and hold down the number keys, and then enter Western Arabic numerals on models updated to Android Pie.
- We’ll provide an Emoji search option on models updated to Android Pie.
- Phone numbers will be displayed on the screen where you write a text message on models updated to Android Pie.
- You will be able to add vehicle information when you pick a place in Reminder on models updated to Android Pie
- We’ll provide a HEIF (High-Efficiency Image File Format) option on models updated to Android Pie
First half of 2019
- We plan to add an option that will allow you to selectively set Sound, Vibrate, or Mute mode when using Routines
- The speed will remain constant when you move the bar at the top up and down while using Blur Effect in QuickStar
Second half 2019
- We’ll support background settings for Samsung Notes
- You’ll be able to zoom in and out of notes you are writing in Handwriting mode.