Just as anticipated, MediaTek has taken the wraps off it’s new chipset called the MediaTek MT6795. The new processor can power Quad HD displays (and lower). It also also supports LTE and 4K video recording.
The MT6795 processor is the first 64-bit processor from MediaTek, and it has an octa-core CPU with octa-core four Cortex-A17 CPU cores and four Cortex-A7 CPU cores running inside. All eight cores can run simultaneously when maximum power is needed, and that makes the processor a true octa-core CPU.
The MediaTek MT6795 System-on chip is clocked at 2.2GHz but the other iteration of the chip, the MT6595M is set at 2GHz max while the fastest, the MediaTek MT6595 Turbo, can be clocked between 2.4GHz and 2.5GHz.
Full specifications of the MediaTek MT6795:
- 64-bit True Octa-core™ LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with ClearMotion™ and Response Time Enhancement Technology
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video recording and playback
- Integrated, low-power hardware support for H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9, as well as for graphics-intensive games and apps
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC