MTN Nigeria offers one of the quickest mobile Internet services in Nigeria but Internet in the West African country has always been on the high side despite several complaints and official petitions by the consumers to the country’s NCC.
You can browse with MTN Nigeria for almost free with this new simple ‘legal’ tweak that I came across recently. It’s still working as at the time of writing this article.
Follow these simple steps to set up “Magic SIM” on your MTN line
- First, migrate to MTN Paygo by dailing *400# or by texting 400 to 131. The migration is free unless you have swapped a plan within the last 30 days. In that case, you’ll be charged N100 for the migration..
- After you have received an SMS citing of a successful migration to MTN Paygo, dial *123*878#. You’ll receive an error response.
- Now send an SMS with the code400 to 131.
- Restart your phone and text the 104 to 131.
- You will receive an SMS welcoming you to the MTN 10mb per day data plan. Ignore the SMS, your line has been credited with 1GB of free data.
- You can confirm by dialing *559# or *123*4*4#.
The 1GB of data awarded to you can be used anywhere including on PC, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia S40 phones. You can use it to stream videos and download stuff online as well. The data surfs the Internet at normal MTN speed.
That’s it folks. Talk to us using the comment box below. How did your Magic SIM experience go?