Oppo’s thinnest smartphone, the Oppo R5, which has 4.85mm-thickness, is scheduled to arrive in the Indian market this December. The company made this known officially and announced the device will be retailed at between 25,000 – 30,000 rupees when it launches.
In China, the aforementioned smartphone was released last month at the price of $499 (roughly 30,500) but Oppo Mobiles, thanks to Amazon India, will sell the product at a much lower rate.
Specs of Oppo R5
- 5.2 inches display, 1080p resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC
- 2.1GHz quad-core + 1.5GHz quad-core CPU
- 13-megapixel camera, 5MP front-facer
- ColorOS 2.0.1 (based on Android 4.4 KitKat)
- 16GB storage (non expandable)
- 2000mAh battery
Oppo’s smartphone was formerly the world’s thinnest smartphone until another Chinese tech start-up called Vivo launched a 4.75mm-slim device called the Vivo X5 Max. The latter is said to be also coming to India soon.