RIP common sense: Woman dies trying to rescue phone from fire

iPhone on fire
A woman from Illinois in the United States of America had died while trying to revue her phone from a fire that broke out in her 319 Harrison Street, Bartonville home in the Land of Lincoln state.

With her daughter by her side, the woman was reported to have fled the fire which razed her home in an early morning tragedy. After she and her daughter emerged from the house unharmed, her common sense departed, tempting her to go inside the bring house to retrieve her phone.

“Material things can be replaced. You never want to go back in to retrieve anything. In this, there was heavy smoke. Carbon monoxide will get you, and you may not even know it,” Brian Fengel Chief of the Bartonville Police Department spoke.

The woman never made it out with her valued possession. The police tried to step inside to rescue her but the flames were to ferocious and they had to step aside and wait for the fire service to arrive. Finally, the woman was pronounced dead at about 4:30 a.m in the morning after fire fighters rescued her burning body.

This is not the first time lives are lost when trying to rescue mobile phones. A woman made her husband and another person loose their lives after her cell phone fell in a pit toilet in China.

Charles Borrowmeo

Web designer, Internet marketer and blogger. I love listening to hip-hop, soul and R&B. When I'm not surfing the Internet, you'll find me playing video games, skating or watching football (die-hard Chelsea FC supporter).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button