LG G3 users who bought their smartphone from US carrier Sprint, should check their devices for the Android 5.0 Lollipop update currently seeding for the LG flagship on the network.
The Korean LG G3 was the first to get updated to Android 5.0 as early as December. In the United States, AT&T users also got the Lollipop treatment recently (a few days ago) and now Sprint users can now enjoy the upgrade.
Here’s the official changelog for the update:
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files.